Sometimes known as “The Ghost Guy,” Loyd Auerbach is director of the Office of Paranormal Investigations. He has been interviewed for thousands of articles and has made hundreds of media appearances on shows from David Letterman to the Discovery Channel, the Travel Channel, the History Channel, The Today Show, Oprah and more. He is president of Forever Family Foundation (2013-1016), an all-volunteer nonprofit supporting research on life after death and the work of spirit mediums in the grieving process.
While interested in the paranormal since a child, he has been actively investigating cases of reported paranormal phenomena since 1979. He founded the Office of Paranormal Investigations (OPI) in 1989 to help those who believe they have had a psychic or paranormal disturbance, primarily in the Bay Area in California but with a network across the country. OPI also serves as a resource center for media, businesspeople, scientists, law enforcement agencies and attorneys.
Auerbach is the creator and principal instructor of the Certificate Program in Parapsychological Studies at HCH Institute in Lafayette, California. For more information, visit www.hypnotherapytraining.com/parapsych.cfm. Auerbach has been an Adjunct Professor at JFK University in Pleasant Hill, California, since 1983, currently in Consciousness and Transformative Studies. He also served on the faculty of (now-defunct) Rosebridge Graduate School for Integrative Psychology 1996-1998.
He was president of the Psychic Entertainers Association from 2001-2005. This international organization consists of performers who practice mentalism, magic, hypnotism, cold reading and allied arts. Auerbach still performs at events as Professor Paranormal. He’s also a professionally trained chocolatier and sells his “Ghost Drops” at www.hauntedbychocolate.com.
- Bachelor of Arts, Cultural Anthropology, Northwestern University
- Master of Science, Parapsychology, JFK University
- ESP WARS: East & West: An Account of the Military Use of Psychic Espionage as Narrated by the Key Russian and American Players (2014)
- The Ghost Detectives’ Guide to Haunted San Francisco (2011)
- A Paranormal Casebook: Ghost Hunting in the New Millennium (2005)
- Psychic Dreaming 2nd edition (Barnes & Noble Books, 1999)
- Mind Over Matter: A Comprehensive Guide to Psychic Powers (1996)
- Reincarnation, Channeling and Possession: A Parapsychologist’s Handbook (1993)
- “Anomalous Cognition/ESP and Psychokinesis Research in the United States,” forthcoming book chapter in EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTIONS: Support, Skepticism, and Science, due out January 2015 from Praeger
- “What About Ghosts?” BRIDGES Magazine, Issue #1, 2012
- “Things to Do (and Not to Do) When Ghost Hunting,” Psychic Reader, September 2003
- “The Sexorcist,” Online publication, www.mythingie.com, October
- “Exploring the Real-Life X-Files: Apparitions, Hauntings & Poltergeists,” Psychic Reader, July 2000