Dr. Radin is Chief Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences and serves as Volunteer Faculty in the Department of Psychology at Sonoma State University in Rohnert Park, California. For a decade, he worked on advanced telecommunications research and development at AT&T Bell Laboratories and GTE Laboratories. Before joining the research staff at IONS in 2001, he held appointments at Princeton University, University of Edinburgh, University of Nevada, Interval Research Corporation and SRI International. His technical articles have appeared in journals ranging from Foundations of Physics and Physics Essays to Psychological Bulletin and Journal of Consciousness Studies; he was featured in a New York Times Magazine article; and he has appeared on dozens of television shows ranging from the BBC’s Horizon and PBS’s Closer to Truth to Oprah and Larry King Live. He has given more than 300 interviews and talks, including invited presentations at Harvard, Stanford, Cambridge, Princeton, and the Sorbonne, for industries including Google and Johnson & Johnson, and for U.S. government agencies. He has appeared in many documentaries, including What the Bleep: Down the Rabbit Hole (2006).
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, magna cum laude, Honors in Physics, minor in music (violin performance) – University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Master of Science, Electrical Engineering – University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
- PhD., Psychology – University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
- Supernormal: Science, Yoga and the Evidence for Extraordinary Psychic Abilities (2013), winner of the 2014 Silver Nautilus Book Award.
- Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality (2006)
- The Conscious Universe: The Scientific Truth of Psychic Phenomena (1997)
- Mossbridge JA, Tressoldi P, Utts J, Ives JA, Radin D and Jonas WB (2014) Predicting the unpredictable: critical analysis and practical implications of predictive anticipatory activity. Front. Hum. Neurosci.
- Vieten, C. Estrada, M., Cohen, A. B., Radin, D., Schlitz, M. (in press). The “we” in wellness: Engagement in a community-based integral practice program enhances wellbeing.
- Radin, D. (2014). Out of one’s mind or beyond the brain: The challenge of interpreting near-death experiences. Missouri Medicine, 111 (1), 22- 26.
- Delorme, A., Beischel, J., Michel, L., Boccuzzi, M., Radin, D. & Mills, P. (2013). Electrocortical activity associated with subjective communication with the deceased. Frontiers in Consciousness Research (online).
- Radin, D. I., Delorme, A. Michel, L., Johnston, J. (2013). Psychophysical interactions with a double-slit interference pattern: Experiments and a model. Physics Essays. 26 (4), 553-566.
- Shiah, Y-J & Radin, D. I. (2013). Metaphysics of the tea ceremony: Testing the roles of intention and belief on mood when drinking tea. Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing.